Thursday, January 7, 2010

Berlin! Berlin! Ready or not here I come!

My Journey to Berlin, Germany starts on January 6, 2010. I am so blessed with this opportunity and I’m excited to see what is to come! When I first heard about the COST (Consortium Overseas for Student Teaching) program, I was a little unsure about what my parents might think about me going overseas to do my student teaching. Thankfully they liked what they heard so I signed up! I was told from the beginning to not try to go with a friend because the chances of that were extremely low. However, my friend Meg Terry and I, who is also an Auburn student, decided we would try anyway and pray that God placed us at least in the same continent to know someone somewhat “close by.” Through many prayers and trusting God, we got an email saying we have been placed at the same school and we will be living together. This was such an answer to prayer and we give all of the glory to God! We will be at the John F. Kennedy Elementary School. Meg and I will both be in a 6th grade classroom which I am excited about since I haven’t had much experience with the older grades. We will be living in a flat with a High School Geography teacher named Irmgart.

It has been both exciting and crazy trying to plan my life in Germany for 4 months. I’ve only seen snow a couple of times in my life and I’ve been told it is like a ski resort right now. This should be interesting. Meg and I bought bikes from the girls who are moving out of the flat so that should be fun! We have a good amount of vacation for winter break and spring break which Meg and I have great things in mind! Stay tuned….

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. I cannot believe you are finally there! Can't wait to hear all the amazing things you experience. Just remember to love people and continue to grow your relationship with the Lord. He is constant. I love and miss you already. Praying for you. Let's Skype soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Yay, God for orchestrating His great plan for you and Meg to be together!! He is good! Take care of Meg for me/eat the things she refuses so she doesn't look rude. baha. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got chillls reading about how the Lord provided for you two! I am so excited to keep up with your blog! Such fun times!!!
    Soli Deo Gloria (To God Alone be the Glory! :) )

    ReplyDelete

Followers