Friday, March 5, 2010

Ich Liebe Dich!

Around me when I look, His handiwork I see; The world is like a picture book to teach His love to me. - Jane E. Leesen

A few Sundays ago, Irmgart told us we must go and walk on the Schloenssee Lake because it is frozen and it’s the thing to do. So before church one Sunday, we went to walk on the frozen lake! It was so much fun, there were people skiing, walking their dogs, and eating bratwurst.



This past weekend, we went to the Pergamenon Museum which was interesting since we are studying Ancient Greece, and we saw the Ishtar gate of Bablyon! We were so amazed since we are studying Daniel right now together. After the museum we did some shopping and saw a bratwurst stand! I thought the stand was so cute, he was wearing the grill like a fanny pack and then the umbrella was connected to the back. I had to get a picture. I had my first bratwurst-not my favorite, but when in Rome!

One night Meg and I decided we wanted to try to make one of our favorite desserts that we have had here in the bakeries. We made “Amerikaners” (German Vanilla Biscuit). They call them Amerikaners because the soldiers made them during WWII. We messed up on the icing, but Irmgart loved them, so we felt like they were legit.



We spent the following weekend exploring more of Berlin. We saw the Charlottenburg palace, ate at a cute cafĂ©’ that is famous for their waffles, and found a marzipan store with a variety of chocolates! On Sunday, I turned 21! I woke up to a typical German breakfast Irmgart had prepared for me and Meg and her daughter Hanna helped me celebrate as well. We had delicious rolls and marmalade, cole slaw, different types of meat such as ham, turkey, and LIVER SAUSAGE. Eh-hem She gave me some flowers and some german chocolate!


This past Thursday, the sixth graders went on a field trip to the ice skating rink. I haven’t skated in a long time, but it was like riding a bike. While we were ice skating, it was snowing-just like a fairy tale. Here is a picture of Meg and I with our Teachers Karla and Susan.

**pic
We have learned so much from them, teaching is going good. I am in my solo month now and I’m really enjoying it. At the end of our Ancient Greece unit, we are planning for the Greek Olympics with different relay races and competitions. The students are really looking forward to this and so am I! We have divided the class into four city-states Athens, Sparta, Corinth, and Argos. Whichever city-state receives the most polis points throughout the unit will receive a “greek treasure” from Greece! Meg thought of this since we are going to Greece for spring break!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers