Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Fish & Chips" and "Pierogi"

After school on Friday, Meg and I hopped on the plane for London! As soon as I stepped off that plane and heard their accents, I knew I was suppose to find my future husband here-well I didn’t but I still love their accents haha.




We met up with my cousin Julia who is studying at LSE, she showed us around the campus and met up with some of her friends for dinner. We rode the red double decker bus back to her flat and met her husband and puppy, Bergen.



Early on Saturday morning, we went to the Portobello Market-Notting Hill. We saw so many cute shops, antiques, and café’s. My favorite was The Humming Bird-a cupcake café. Because cheesecake is my favorite dessert, I chose the chocolate baked cheesecake cupcake with cream cheese icing-DELICIOUS. We spent most of the morning walking around; I was mainly interested in hearing the people talk in British accents. I felt like I was in a movie, I kept looking for Mr. Darcy It was fun to be in a different country where I could understand everything they were saying! Sometimes Meg and I found ourselves “playing sharades” as if the people didn’t understand us; we forget they know what we are saying because they speak English too haha.









We finished the day off with a plate of Fish & Chips to get the full experience



Sunday morning we met up with Meg’s teacher’s daughter, Christina at the Spitalfields market. This is the one of the oldest markets in London. The weather was even warmer than Saturday, nice and sunny!


We went to see the London Tower and Tower Bridge.

We walked along the river to St. Paul’s Cathedral which was where Princess Diana got married.

The bells were ringing, I was so happy to be in London!


We flew in late Sunday night to a snowy Berlin.
Here is a picture of our school covered in snow


Thankfully, by Wednesday it was beginning to warm up.

On Friday, one of the fifth grade teachers invited Meg and I to go and take a day trip to Poland! Because Berlin is so far north, the train ride was a little bit over an hour. Pretty crazy to be able to travel such a small distance and be in a different country speaking a different language! We ate spinach pierogi and cheese with sweet yoghurt pierogi, it was interesting. We were in Słubice, just a small town located on the Oder river, directly opposite the city of Frankfurt in Germany. It was fun to be in another country for the day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers